Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Stalker.

All the girls out there must have had their share of being stalked, I'm sure. There is more to come, I'm sure of that too. We all have given them their share of curses, which they all deserve. Whenever something like this happens, we all remember the famous Hindi film dialogue -- "Ghar mein Maa-Behen nahi hai kya?!" It is outrageously annoying.

It is one of the very few times when we, girls, wish that we weren't girls. We HATE the presence of each and every darned Male-human-species on this planet, even if they were monks from the Himalayas.


There have been many. This is just one of them.

It was the day when 3 Lakh people scratch their brains off to crack a State Level Exam. We had an Examination called MHT-CET (Maharashtra Health and Technology Common Entrance Test) on 12th May, 2009. My Examination Centre was not-so-close to my house, and none of my acquaintances had got the same Centre. I reached the place independently. The people there were pretty non-appealing, so I didn't really socialize with them that much.

The dilapidated desk which had my Roll Number on it was first in its row. I sat there. There were very few girls in the class, I noticed. But I didn't care. There was nobody in front of me and I obviously had no business behind to turn and look at people.

We were instructed in PURE Marathi(half of which I failed to understand) to keep the hall ticket on the desks so that it's easier for the invigilators to come and check the details without disturbing us while we write our oh-so-important Exam.

I, being the first person in my row, was asked to go forward and sign the sealed question paper packet before they were distributed.Bell rang. Exam started. Brains racked. Bell rang. Exam finished.

I got up. Walked out of the class. Walked out of the centre. Sat in my car. Came back home.


3 hours later

I get a call from an unknown number.

Me: Hello?

Some Guy(SG): *With zero fluency in his language* Hello, is that Jyoti?

Me: Yes, who's speaking?

SG: How was your paper?

Me: Errmm.. Pretty good...

SG: How was Physics?

Me: Good..

SG: How was Chemistry?

Me: Good..

SG: How was Math?

Me: Better than the other two...

I kept talking because I was curious to know who it was!

Me: But who's speaking?

SG: Guess karo.

Me: Ummm.. I really don't know. Can you please tell me?

SG: *In a playful tone* Not so easily! Keep guessing. Just remember who all did you meet today?

Me: Siddharth? *Because he's a friend who keeps giving me strange prank calls*

SG: No! Guess guess guesss!

This happened for quite some time.

SG: Okay you keep thinking. I'll call you in an hour or two to tell you who I am.

Hangs up.


I try hard to figure out. But then I forget about it after some time.


An hour later


Phone rings. Some different unknown number.

Me: Hello?

Same guy(SG): Hi!

Me: *Confused because last time it was some different number* Where the hell are you calling from?

SG: Different sim.

Me: Okay.. So tell me who you are?

SG: Your name is Jyoti, right?

Me: Yes..

SG: Your Father's name is blah blah and blah blah's name is blah blah, right?

Me: *All suspicious. But somewhat relieved because I thought if he knows everything about me, he is certainly not some random stalker.* Yes..

SG: Aha! It's so sad. I know everything about you and you don't even know my name! Ha ha.

Me: So please take the pain of telling me. Let the secret be out.

SG: Okay. My name is Aman. I was sitting right behind you in today's Exam. Why didn't you look around? You didn't even help me with any answers.

Me: Oh. *Trying to remember if i saw the guy behind me, even by mistake.* And how do you know my name and my NUMBER?! :O

Aman
:
The hall ticket! I could see it so clearly from my desk. :D

Me: HOLYSHIT. I didn't even dream of that.

I checked. The hall ticket actually had every darned thing on it, including my cellphone number and my residential address!

Me: *Pissed* And why exactly did you note it down?

Aman: *Changes his tone* Because I felt like calling you up and talking to you sometime..

Me: Aha.. So why didn't you talk to me then and there?

Aman: Because you looked very stubborn. I was scared to talk to you. And you left right after the exam got over. I tried to follow you, but the car was just too fast.

Me: Oh myy. So how did you suddenly get the balls of calling me up now?

Aman: So, would you like to do friendship with me? I'm looking for new friends.

Me: OMG you're one of those orkut guys!

Aman: Huh?

Me: Look, I really don't appreciate this. You shouldn't have taken my number in this way. If you really wanted it, you could have asked me. I was right there! Please don't call me ever again. You will not be entertained.

Thud. I kept the phone down. (Though you can't really do that with a cell phone)


How could he even dare to do that?! Unbelievable. The guys these days. No shame. Nothing.

I was scared for some time. He had my home address too. It was a freaky thought.

I told my brother about it later that night. He said, "Hmm.. Next time he calls, just let me know." He's my Macho man. :D

I told my mother about it the next day. She said, "Dekho ladke exam dene aate hai aur dhyaan kahaan kahaan hota hai." (Look, these boys come to give an exam and have their mind at all the wrong things.)

:P

I told my friend about it. She said, "HOLYCRAP. This is outrageous!"
Hmph. There was SOMEONE who thought like me. :)

Some guys are such losers I tell you!


Note the bold word in the above statement. :)

27 comments:

Zlaek said...

And I still maintain that- 'This is outrageous'. Downright!

The funny part though, is that if a girl ever did that to a guy, he'd probably be flattered.

Saala... I'm hoping his CET score is 2 or 3. Kya yede hote hain be kuch log..

Esther said...

Well it happens sometimes. You have to come across people like that =D or you won't get a chance to call them geeks!

I have posted something similar 2 days back about Y! You might wanna read?

And brothers are always machos! teehee! luckily we never had details printed on our hall tickets =D

SD said...

@Zlaek

LOL. 2 or 3 also too much. Wish there was negative marking.

Shit! That is outrageous, scary and I would've half died if someone called up like that.

Take care, Jo!

Shanu said...

OMG such a loser! Seriously guys like these should go get a life!

I had a guy follow me all the way to school/college and back home for 5 years!He stopped only because i changed my house in the summer vacation (didnt change it bcoz of him..just that we decided to move to a bigger house). I used to call him my bodyguard ;)

Archana said...

Oh ew, that's not a cute way to try and pick up a girl. I would have been ultra creeped out. You dealt with it the best way possible.

I just think it's so crazy how people can so easily be stalked these days, especially via social networking sites. The amount of information people put on their FB status's or Twitter is ridiculous. It's like asking to be stalked.

As for your situation though, I don't think it would have even occurred to me to think that someone would note down my number in that type of situation. Ick. But this is where a big brother comes in handy, right? :)

HaRy!! said...

Hmm it indeed is a disgrace to all men just because a few act this crap way. Am so glad that yu are safe and what yu replied to him was totally rite! I had a friend of mine , she once got so excited by a unknown friend request and she befriended him, now i do not want to disclose her fate :( . I'd say better be of with yur frnds than accept impostors. God bless yu Jojo :)

Jyoti said...

@Zlaek: Haha! But I don't think any girl will do stuff like this. Well.. Atleast a sensible one won't do it ever. Hai na?

@Esther: Yess brothers are machos! :D
And yeah I will surely visit your blog sometime. Thanks for commenting! :)

Jyoti said...

@Shweta: Negative marking?! :O Forget him.. Hume jitna mila hai utna bhi nahi milta! :P

@Shanu: 5 YEARS?! :O Oh my! That's a lot.
Bodyguard ;) Way to go girl! \m/

Jyoti said...

@Archana: Yeah, very true. Stalking someone these days is veryy easy. And yes, brothers come in handy in manyy situations :D

@Hary: Very true. I never accept any unknown person's friend request. Don't people already have enough friends, that they actually want to talk to unknown desperate people?! Shame on them.
By the way, I somehow am curious to know what your friend's fate was.. :P

Sumit said...

Holy shit! That seriously is outrageous. Although, one friend of mine dealt with it in the perfect possible manner. She asked her anonymous caller to come meet her at a mall. The guy came, and she introduced him to her dad who was in the police. Superfun! :D

P.S. I'm not a stalker. Just stumbled across your blog.

Blunt Edges said...

"OMG you're one of those orkut guys!"
lol...has dat become a species in itself??? "orkut guys" :D:D:D

Jyoti said...

@Sumit: Wow. I wish my dad was in the police :P Great fun ha! Thanks for following my blog, by the way :)

@blunt edges: LOL. YESS! You can say that. ;)

Dhanya said...

Sheesh. What a horrible thing to go through. Would have been totally freaked out if some stranger called me and started dishing out my very own details.

I used to get prank calls n messages, but now I just respond to the ones that are already there in my contacts list. Easier and safer this way :)

Arv said...

Oh my... that was freaky...

do take care and yea.. its good to see that you keep your family in the loop on such things... very important to do so :)

next time, try keeping the hall ticket facing down :)

take care da... cheers...

Jyoti said...

@Dhanya: Yes, very true. It is safer that way. But you can't just let go calls from an unknown number, right?
So often there are friends calling from some other number. Or(in my case) it can be a call from some university to tell you that you have got admission, blah blah.
But yes, this was prank calls also find way. It's inevitable. You just have to be smart enough to figure out what the person on the other side is up to.

@Arv: Yes I have learnt my lesson. :) I shall keep the hall ticket facing down.

Gauri said...

whoaa... a hall ticket can be dangerous!

orkut guys... i TOTALLY get what u mean!

"whaana doo frraaandsheep with me????"

eww!

Pesto Sauce said...

Yeah true...some guys are like that

Jyoti said...

@gkam: Haha! Exactly what I'm saying. :)

@Pesto Sauce: YES. And.. Welcome to my blog!

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear abt it. I personally havent met a single girl who hasnt gone through an unpleasant experience of this sort.

There are times when the male gender embarrasses itself :(

Anonymous said...

Sad to hear abt it. I personally havent met a single girl who hasnt gone through an unpleasant experience of this sort.

There are times when the male gender embarrasses itself :(

Megha said...

really outrageous. Why do these guys think that any girl would ever entertain such foolishness ?

btw, what happened next ?

Jyoti said...

@theishu: Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

@Meghna: Even I wonder! No girl who is in her senses would ever entertain them. Perhaps, they are only looking for those not-in-her-senses girls. Aah. Men.
What happened next -- HAHA. Nothing really. He got to know that I'm a smart-ass :P
He hasn't called after that. Yet. (No, I'm not even expecting.)

Veda said...

i know exactly how it feels..yikes! and chinmayee is right, we do the same thing back, they'll be flattered!

anyway nice write up. i liked the exam description in one line, very my-kinda-thing. :)

Bullshee said...

Frandship guys...hilarious losers!!

Jyoti said...

@Mon Espace: Haha, thank you! It is your-kinda-thing. It is my-kinda-thing. It is our-kinda-thing. ;)
Whatever that meant.

Heehee :)

@Bullshee: Absolutely!

Pooja said...

its true that we've all had our share of stalkers but this is ridiculous!! He got your info from your hall ticket....seriously, what a loser! :P

Jyoti said...

@Pooja: Yeah. A real loser.